The Anchor Standard Of The Rhode Island Regiment, was made of a plain white silk field, onto which was sewn a canton constructed of a piece of blue silk fabric which had thirteen gold five-point stars painted on it. An anchor made from blue silk was sewn onto the field and a motto: "In God We Hope" was painted above it.
Two regiments were organized in Rhode Island in 1777. Each had its own standard. In 1781 the two individual regiments were combined into a single regiment, which served until the end of the War in 1783. It is not known to which of the original regiments this flag belonged in 1777.