As with the 1830 U.S. Census, the 1860 U.S. Census reflects the resident status as of the 1st of June, 1860.
This census is identical to that taken in 1850 with the addition of one item: value of personal estate.
| Information recorded on the 1860 U.S. Census:
* Name of state, county and village, town, city,
township or district.
* Name of the census enumerator.
* Dwelling (or house) Number.
* Family Number.
* Name of every person residing in this dwelling
as of 01 June, 1860.
* Age of every person residing in this dwelling.
* Sex of every person residing in this dwelling.
* Color (i.e. white, black or mulatto) of every person
residing in this dwelling.
* Place of birth or every person residing in this dwelling.
* Indication of whether person was married within the year.
* Indication of whether person was deaf and dumb,
blind, insane, idiotic, a pauper, or a convict.
* Indication of whether person attended school
within the year.
* Number of persons over the age of 20 who could not
read and write.
* Occupation, profession or trade of every male person
over the age of 15 years.
* Value of real estate owned.
* Value of personal estate owned.
The 1860 U.S. Census is available on microfilm, and can be purchased by check or money order from the National Archives at the following address: National Archives Trust Fund, P.O. Box 100793, Atlanta, GA, 30384-0793. The NATF will accept credit cards as payment. If paying by credit card, include the card number, expiration date and the cardholder's signature, and write to: National Archives Trust Fund, Cashier (NAT), 8601 Adelphi Road, Room 5100, College Park, MD 20740-6001. You can also place an order by phone to: (800) 234-8861 between the hours of 8:00am and 4:30pm est.
Pennsylvania returns are found on Microfilm Publication #M653. Bedford County is recorded on Roll #1072. Blair County is recorded on Roll #1078. Cambria County is recorded on Roll #1088. Fulton County is recorded in Roll #1113. Huntingdon County is recorded on Roll #1115. Somerset County is recorded in Roll #1183.