As with the 1830 U.S. Census, the 1880 U.S. Census reflects the resident status as of the 1st of June, 1880.
| Information recorded on the 1880 U.S. Census:
* Name of state, county and village, town, city,
township or district.
* Name of the census enumerator.
* Dwelling (or house) Number.
* Family Number.
* Name of every person residing in this dwelling as
of 01 June, 1880.
* Age of every person residing in this dwelling.
* Relationship of every person residing in this
dwelling to the head of family.
* Sex of every person residing in this dwelling.
* Color/Race (i.e. white, black, mulatto, Chinese or Indian)
of every person residing in this dwelling.
* Place of birth or every person residing in
* Place of birth of father and mother.
* Indication of whether person was married
within the census year.
* Indication of whether person was deaf and dumb, blind,
insane, idiotic, maimed, crippled or bedridden.
* Indication of whether person attended school
within the year.
* Indication of ability to read and write.
* Occupation, profession or trade of every male
person over the age of 15 years.
* Number of months employed during census year.
* Indication of whether person is sick or disabled so as
not to be able to attend to ordinary business or duties;
if so, what the sickness or disability is.
The 1880 U.S. Census is available on microfilm, and can be purchased by check or money order from the National Archives at the following address: National Archives Trust Fund, P.O. Box 100793, Atlanta, GA, 30384-0793. The NATF will accept credit cards as payment. If paying by credit card, include the card number, expiration date and the cardholder's signature, and write to: National Archives Trust Fund, Cashier (NAT), 8601 Adelphi Road, Room 5100, College Park, MD 20740-6001. You can also place an order by phone to: (800) 234-8861 between the hours of 8:00am and 4:30pm est.
Pennsylvania returns are found on Microfilm Publication #T9. Bedford County is recorded on Roll #1098. Blair County is recorded on Rolls #1103 and #1104. Cambria County is recorded on Rolls #1110 and #1111. Fulton County is recorded in Roll #1133. Huntingdon County is recorded on Roll #1134. Somerset County is recorded in Rolls #1194 and #1195.