The Bedford Militia Flag was created prior to 1775 and carried by the Bedford Company of Minutemen, a division of the Middlesex Regiment of Massachusetts Militia, at the Battle of Concord on 19 April 1775. The Bedford Militia Flag consists of a crimson damask field on which is painted an armoured arm emerging from a cloud and holding a sword upright. A gold-colored scroll banner occupies the fly side of the field. The motto: Vince Aut Morire, which means 'Conquer Or Die', was painted in dark lettering on the scroll banner. The actual date on which the flag was devised and painted is unknown. The flag was once believed to have been made as early as the mid-1600s, but testing later disproved that suggestion.
The original flag, which is one of only a few near-perfectly intact original examples in the nation, is maintained at the Bedford Free Public Library, at Bedford, Massachusetts.
This fla is sometimes called the Concord Flag, because of it having been carried during the battle at Concord's North Bridge